What goes on in my life,
in my head,
and in the world.
THIS IS LITERALLY SO CUTE
MINE IS CRAPPY
WHAT CARRIAGE ARE YOU IN!??!?!
COME TO THE BACK
THE SLYTHERINS HAVE HACKED DUMBLEDORE’S WIFI
Thanks to the Ravenclaws, guys.
The password’s “AL0H4M0R4”
Pass it on.
- Failing to tag a post as “transmisogyny” and instead only tagging “cissexism/transphobia” when the attack is directed at trans women (ex. use of the t-slur) is an act of erasure and violence.
- Failing to tag a post as “antiblackness” and instead only tagging “racism” instead of "racism" AND "antiblackness" when the attack is directed at black people (ex. use of the n-slur) is an act of erasure and violence
- Tagging a post anti-(insert race other than black) racism is a microaggression, as it appropriates the framework for talking about antiblackness to other racial groups who have different dynamics (ex. saying “anti-asian racism” when you mean orientalism). The only exceptions to this are antisemitism and anti-Romani racism.
- If you tag anything “hispanic” or any variant of that word I will side eye you. I hate that gentrifying word, it’s an attempt to make my people palatable by emphasizing our connection to whiteness.
- Transphobia isn’t really as coherent as a concept as cissexism is: the words are basically interchangeable, but I favor the latter, because the violence faced by people who are not trans woman is more based in assumptions that they cannot be what they say they are (cissexism) rather than repulsion (described by transphobia). That repulsion is almost always directed at trans women only, described in transmisogyny.
- It’s good to tag both cissexism and transphobia, because people blacklist the word transphobia, but when you talk about oppressive structures that ALL trans people face, use the word “cissexism” and when you talk about violence faced by trans women call it “transmisogyny,” because that is what it is.
this is so fucking cute and i reblog it every time sdfjsdfsd
Please share this post and become a MEMBER at http://lakotalaw.org/donate-new to effect permanent change for the Lakota children.
The Lakota People’s Law Project and the Lakota tribes of South Dakota have been working on achieving the permanent solution to the corruption of South Dakota’s Department of Social Services by rerouting federal money from the state and getting it directly to the tribes. For this to happen the Lakota tribes will have to overcome many hurdles and organize their own foster care and other family planning programs.
Although we have worked on this struggle for over 8 years, we are finally breaking through and creating the system that will prevent Lakota children from being kidnapped by the state of South Dakota and taken from their communities. 8 of the 9 Lakota tribes have applied for federal funding to assist them in planning for the installation of these programs and the Department of Justice, in conjunction with the ACLU, has just released an amicus brief supporting the Lakota children and condemning the practices of South Dakota. The full brief can be read here: https://turtletalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/122-1amicusbriefoftheunitedstates8-14-2014.pdf
Please help make this solution a reality by donating to help the Lakota children remain with their families!
you should probably unfollow me if you think jennifer lawrence’s (or anyone’s really) nudes being leaked is an ok thing to happen because she’s ~problematique~
Starting my first year of grad school in a new city thousands of miles from home. Promised myself that I will not sacrifice my body to the white academy. I will honor my inherited stories while engaging in different/new modes of thinking. I will not forget practices in gratitude and self-care because fat brown femmes need to survive and thrive in academia.
<a href=”null”></a><a href=”http://www.uhtiuh.tumblr.com”></a>
cute for an "under the sea" bid day ♥
I went to this book store and their books were wrapped up in paper with small descriptions so no one would “judge a book by its cover”
So there’s this.
How is this not a crime? Obstruction of justice? Tampering? Hell, a violation of Son of Sam laws?
Burn the whole damned city down, starting with City Hall and the police station.
It’s a conflict of interest, at bare fucking minimum, and he should be forced to recuse himself.
We need to protect the Ferguson residents as much as possible
"My father left for war in 1992, and never came home. Our mother didn’t tell us he was dead for a long time. We just thought he was still fighting. But one day we were being extremely difficult, and she started crying, and said: "Please behave. I’m a single mother now. So I’m going to need you’re help."
(Juba, South Sudan)
Then and now
But notice how this headline from the civil rights era is more sympathetic to the victims than most you’d see today.
^^^^ The ABOVE COMMENT.